Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lover to Lover - A Wedding Poem




Lover to Lover

I do not know why or how or from where I love you
My heart and my soul merge with yours

Our consciousness expands and shares
Abundant love with Mother Earth and the Universe
As we bare our souls and spread our wings

We come together and create this union, this oneness
We stand strong as equal parts
Yet, it is not understood where one ends and the other begins

My arms promise you a safe and sacred space
I open my heart to you trusting and loving

I take your hand and you take mine
I touch your soul and you touch mine
Together we traverse the journey called life

And, so it is.



Copyright 2013 Janelle Alex, Ph.D.
*Written for a wedding ceremony


Photo credit: © AnnaPa - Fotolia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment