Saturday, March 15, 2014

Family Blogs The New Family Album

Create Family Togetherness With a Blog

Expert Author Pam Golden
My husband and I live about three hours away from our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren and don't get to visit them as often as we'd like. When my husband and I were going on a 7-week vacation, I was worried we would lose touch with my grandchildren.
The exact opposite happened, when I came upon the idea of creating a vacation blog that I could send along the way to include them in on our adventures. I couldn't believe how well it worked. We called on Skype from Italy and my 11-year-old granddaughter was all excited to tell me she had been following our blog.
My granddaughter and grandson couldn't wait for us to get back from our trip. They were so excited to talk about the trip and knew all the places we had gone. When we were making cookies, one of our favorite activities, my granddaughter insisted we take a picture and label it 'We're Home!"
It was so perfect, I plan to keep it going and do a posting at least once a month. I found that it's easy to let life just slip by and we lose precious moments with our loved ones. By creating a blog, you include your family in your life in ways you can't do by just catching up.
Although it took me a several attempts to find the right place, it is now easier than I thought it would be. I even chose the name - The Old Folks Adventures, because it made my grandchildren laugh. As an added bonus, we sent it to all of our friends and got wonderful comments from them. It was great fun for my husband and to look and see how many people had read it.
The purpose of the blog is not to make money or teach, it is simply to help create family togetherness in this crazy, digital world.
Also, did you know there is an astonishing difference in the impact of praise on your child. One type of praise can produce helpless, self-defeating behavior. Another kind help your kids build a Can-Do attitude and motivate them to positive action! Changing a few words can make a night and day difference in your child's life - forever.
If you like to get started learning how to give praise that motivates your kids to succeed please download your FREE EBook at: [http://www.vitalskillsforkids.com/amazingpraise.html]

NEED HELP CREATING YOUR OWN BLOG?

FreeBlogCoach.com (www.freeblogcoach.com) - Have you ever wanted to start your own blog, but know nothing about computers? Our FREE Step by Step guide will show you exactly how to do it! It's actually pretty simple! If you are still having problems, you can contact me directly and I will do it for you! For FREE! Let's Make A Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment